The Bank of America Chicago Marathon was last Sunday morning. Like last year I was present walking through runners village before sunrise. It's quite a sureal feeling, almost everyone around has put in extensive amounts of dedication for at least 3 months if not 6 and are in just about the best shape of their lives. Yes I especially love that about endurance races, so many people focussed on their health and taking care of themselves. Unfortunately this year I did not have on a pair of good running shoes and spandex set to run the 26.2 miles. Rather I had yoga pants, comfortable sneakers, a tanktop, and a clearance badge saying "medical." To be honest, this year I'd probably just barely be able to manage 13.1 on a good day. Needless to say I felt a part of me was missing. Not that I didn't go for a 60 mile bike ride the next day, or train over the summer for a long open water swim, or pick up both my 5K and 10K paces by over a minute / mile. It just all doesn't compare to the dedication and training that goes into preparing for a marathon... physically and mentally. So today I was browsing marathon clips and running pics and pulled a few of my favorites from one site. I'll be back next year Chi town 26.2... October 7 (I'm guessing), 2012.
I'm putting it out there.... I will be running a marathon within the next 365 days :) Hold me too it
 |
| Me (obvi...) running on the beach |
 |
| truth, sigh (obvi not me in the beach running pic) |
 |
I want to make this quote into a button to wear around work.
Whenever I tell patients they should exercise they reply "I'm just too busy" .... please.... |
 |
| All the docs / volunteers in the medical tent at the marathon were saying how crazy they thought all the runners were. Meanwhile I sat there checking IV's, checking and replacing electrolytes, and taking vitals jealous even of all the runners who landed in the main medical tent pre or post finish line |
 |
| Any comment I'd add to this might be considered fairly rude so I'll refrain.... |
 |
| yes! Must track that pace! |
 |
| HAHAHAHA too true!!! |
 |
| Ditch the zoloft / paxil / effexor / etc... besides, they causes weight gain |
 |
This picture is my hope for my lovely biffle Kate Christopher who is running her first 5K Nov 5th :) We're both running the Hot Chocolate race (her the 5K, me the 15K) and meeting for choco fondue and hot coco at the finish!
|
 |
| My workout for tomorrow (thanks TIU!) + another 3 miles :)... pending recovery of this head-cold/illness I have |
No comments:
Post a Comment