Saturday, June 4, 2011

Philippians 4:19

Today while more stressed than I've been yet throughout this whole board review process I decided I needed a break and some time for myself simply relax.  I had no idea what this should entail.  I thought through the vast list of things most people do to relax (television, movies, happy hour, massages, manicures/pedicures, shopping) and then to my usuals (a workout, grocery shopping, going to bed a little early, looking up airfare, reading a magazine, cooking something nice.)  Yes, I actually had to think about how to go about relaxing.  Well my usuals have all be used up the past numerous weeks and while I'm up for a run I'd already put in an early spin session.  As far as most others that came to mind, they were negated as either I don't have to money for them, I didn't think I'd be able to find anyone else to take a break with me, I didn't have various resources, or they simply aren't things I like to do... drinking to a stupor, no thanks

So what did I do, of course I called my mother with a mini-melt down.  She confirmed my thoughts that I needed a break and said informed me that another 8 mile run would not qualify as taking time for myself.  So she suggested a yoga class or something.  This is something that had come to my mind earlier but the average going rates of  $14 - 20 a class just wasn't going to cut it. 

I ended up trying to settle with some fresh watermelon from the farmers market and an iced (decaf) coffee.  Wasn't so effective.  Tried convincing one friend into making plans for gelato later and another into going to the puppy store with me.  No go.  So I again contemplate the yoga idea and I go to my handy Corepower yoga app on my phone to see if they even have a class I'm interested in at a nearby studio.  Lo and behold a FREE!!!!! 75 minute hot flow class in honor of the Oak Park studio reaching its one year birthday.  Step 2:  recruit a friend and a sister!   Step 3: a triple surprise!  Following class fresh fruit, sangria, and free massages :)  The Lord does provide.  


I'm now home studying away yet another Saturday night (6 in a row, but who's counting) I'm not particularly pleased about it but I have come to accept it knowing that in 3 days I'll be done with this phase.  And next Saturday night I will not be sprawled on my couch reviewing practice questions or browsing powerpoints


No comments:

Post a Comment