This past Monday I took my first guitar lesson. I learned a solid two chords: E major and minor. But I have a print out and some practice with about 10 others. If only I had a guitar at home to practice more (something to work on... any friends want to lend me on temporarily?) Perhaps if I follow through on this I'll actually record and post a little tune.
So Tuesday I go back to the hospital and was pleased to learn I'd be spending all day with my favorite cardiologist, Dr. Sroubek. He happened to know I was taking a guitar lesson and he himself is quite the guitar player. To be honest, he wishes he was a rock star instead of a cardiologist. He starts scheming of how he can give me pointers and find me places I'll start playing in public and finally become famous. He's even hopeful in his scheme that I'll convert the modern day rockers back to a look sans tattoos and piercings. I say hmmm... j. crew, pearls, and some curly fluff.. the new rock star look? Well perhaps maybe we'll shoot for fame at the Cultural Center or Millennium Park along a more classical route.
With these thoughts of j. Crew and how much I wish I had money to buy their current Sash Skirt in thistle of course their catologue came in the mail today full of beautiful cashmere sweaters and wool pencil skirts and delicate ballet flats. sigh. Maybe I should reconsider the rock star route
Aside, my highlight of the day courtesy of Vital Juice recipes: Red Velvet Protein Shake. Yummmm
protein powder (they ask for help but make it of your choosing)
unsweetened coco powder
soy milk or almond milk or skim mild
frozen banana
frozen cherries
a few ice cubes
Throw them all in a blender and mix 'til smooth
No comments:
Post a Comment