Site 1: Infectious Disease at SJOF --> I volunteered myself for an extra weekend shift to ask for a rec letter. Successful tactic!
Site 2: GMF at LGH --> I got the last day off to study for my Shelf exam! Ok... so the real last day my rotation pal and I brought mexican themed treats in for rounds (guac/salsa/chips) and it was so sad to leave but we made friends with our medicine team and better yet her and I have become close! It was wonderful to have the chance to celebrate her wedding day with her.
Site 3: Cardiology at Res ---> For a whole month is was me, a wonderful resident, and four cardiologists. Did I ever feel like I was in over my head at first. Last day the docs let me go early so I could beet the traffic out of town and they offered me a recommendation letter and said please come up for lunch whenever you are back here for OB, we know you'll be hungry. Yay! more free catered lunches for 6 weeks. (except this is over the holidays and the last thing I need is extra food then) This med student gig isn't half bad.
Site 4: Psych at Stroger --> This exit takes the cake. My delightful partner Mark and I take the last hour of our day to talk to our favorite psychiatrist there. As an aside she LOOVVVEEEDDD Mark. And I can't blame her. Turns out the Southerner's have it right saying ma'am and sir. So we sit there and talked about life, other students, and our romantic relationships or current lack there of. Dr. T seems to think at age 25 someone like me should have no problem finding a man and at first asked if I needed therapy. (uh oh, failure on my personal psych eval!) But then wait, when we are getting ready to leave she tells me to write down my number and email and she will be on the lookout to set me up with any potential suitors she comes across. She then offers Mark and myself her contact information so we can write recommendation letters for ourselves and she'll sign them. CLEARED by psychiatry
Really how often do you get an offer by your attending to hook you up with any educated potential suiters that happen to come along.... :)
Forward to Surgery....! I'm dreading what is about to happen to my daily life (no workouts, no cooking, no sleeping, no socializing) but so excited for the opportunities I'm certain to have! It really is an 8 week in a lifetime opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment