But what the title is really about is instead a non-profit group I've spent some time with through by bestie: The Arts of Life. They are a group for adults with (and without) disabilities who create art and make music. Last night was their 3rd annual Chili Cookoff. I had so much fun volunteering the event last year I wasn't about to miss it for anything this year. Congrats to team "Fat, Drunk, and Stupid" and their "Wurst Chile" for winning for the second year in a row the judges taste award and third place crowd pleaser
Kate was there too of course, along with her cousin (Ally) and our friend Steve.
Attendance was higher than last year if I had to say. Likely in part due to a wonderful article written in the Chicago Reader about the Arts of Life Band who were scheduled to perform
![]() |
| Rocking out in some shades while playing the drums |
Half Acre brewing (yummmm local beer) supplied the libations for the evening's party. Unfortunately they had a bit of a rough time as at first there was no way to ice their kegs so it was running slow and foamy but all those in attendance were patient with it and they brewery was kind enough to donate another two kegs and get them to the event before it ended. (Just in time for the volunteers to partake!)







Love it!! :) Such a fun event and I'm so glad we have volunteered there together the last two years!
ReplyDelete