I recently spent some time back in Memphis, TN with my college roommates. We've had a tendency to to end up doing something fun each New Years and I was blessed to have the opportunity to be in the same place as them again this year. While I was down there I stayed with Maria in the new townhouse she's renting. First of all, it was beautiful and a very modern design with three floors. Each of the girls had their own large room with walk in closets and they had a lounge room on the third floor with a balcony revealing a beautiful view. All this I still pay more rent for my little studio apartment outside Chicago.
One day while there we cooked a couple meals and made a few snacks, one being a hummus recipe of Maria's I've never tried before. It was delicious, and she knows I'm just somewhat of a health freak so assured me it was kosher with my diet. So as I sit in the cold cold cold Chicago today not wanting to go outside and needing a break from studying I've decided to recreate it and now I'll share it with you.
1 can chick peas (if you can find salt free all the better)
Plain non-fat greek yogurt (to taste, I like mine tangy so used about 1/2 a cup)
Juice from 1/2 a lemon or so
3 good size cloves of fresh garlic.
(you can add salt or a little olive oil to your preference of course, I don't really think its needed though)
Put these all in a food processor or blender and blend 'til smooth. Keep it refrigerated. So simple, so tasty :)
You can try other additions too, sun-dried tomatoes are delicious! I'm bummed I didn't have any but running to the grocery in 7 degree weather even if the sun is out is not a pleasant thought in my world.
As an aside, I think Greek yogurt is wonderful. An all-time favorite foods
i am a lazy fellow and don't like cooking
ReplyDelete