The past year of my life has been full of its ups and downs but mostly full of new adventures. I finished my first year of medical school, made some of the best friends of my life (sorry for sounding so cliche, but this occurrence couldn't be more true), learned more than I thought I could, traveled a good bit, began regularly volunteering and helping to run a free clinic, and learning to value and use my free time wisely. I also learned the value of sleep for the first time in my academic career. Throughout the year I've grown up in a number of ways and become more comfortable with myself and the direction I'm heading. I no longer question why I'm in medical school, I know, without a doubt, I have chosen the right path. This was a thought that was on my mind quite frequently last year. As wonderful as I think it can be to reflect back, I feel more that with a new blog and a (relatively) new year it's time to look forward so I will preface my blog with some brief goals I have for the upcoming year and from there see where the year and life will take me. It's all in God's hands :)
Study hard for Board exams (June 7!) and do better than "average"... 600 club? I'll throw it out there!
Try something new at least ever other week
Another endurance event or two --> marathon and/or 1/2 ironman
Learn to play the guitar
Improve my espanol
Take more dance classes
Advance to lead climbing
Challenge myself as extensively as possible in rotations --> learn!
Read
Stay up on the news
Continue to grow in faith
Make time for friends, family, and self
I'm worried that the next six months of my life... actually to the day... may be the most challenging I have yet to encounter. If I start to use this blog as an outlet for that, I apologize in advance; that is not it's purpose. Please simply ignore any such rants. Needless to say, I am very much looking forward to June 7, 2011
Happy New Year!
Awe, Caroline your page looks so pretty! I LOVE it!!
ReplyDelete