This past weekend I had a little bit of down time, heard about a good sale or two, and decided to spend the money I've saving since mid July (thanks for that piggy bank Kate and Maria). This is the result :)
Fugi Rouboaix 7.2, 52 cm
I won't bore you with the specifics. Besides, I really only understand what it means regarding frame and fork materials, brakes, and derailleur quality. To keep it simple, I'm happy. Great bike for a great price. Don't worry, I fluffed and got an extra 10% off! Really though my hairs needed it, I had a helmet on for some test rides. Sorry to leave you behind Trek, you were just too pricey this time skimped on the few things...I'm happy to get by without your carbon frame
I can't wait for good riding weather, really I'll take anything over 40 degrees. Although perhaps it's good the temperature is low and snow is on the ground currently. I'm new to clipless pedal riding and am looking forward to trying out my shoes (also pictures above, nothing too fancy) with the pedals on spin bikes or getting used to them on a trainer. I'd much rather struggle now then on the road leading to a fall and feeling the pavement hard. I know it's bound to happen eventually, but later rather than sooner would be my preference. Especially considering all the small children running here there and everywhere on the lake front trail... I definitely plan to figure out clipping in / out before I traverse that obstacle course.
Oh, and she needed a name, but I don't think I can officially name her til I put in a good 20+ mile first road ride on her. I wanted to go with "Little Red" affectionately named after a childhood My Little Pony of mine but courtesy of medical school I now know that "little red" translates to "Rubella" I can't name my bike after a disease, that would be wrong, very wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment